• Chattanooga: 5814 Brainerd Road, 490-0559
• Cleveland: 4323 Freedom Parkway NW, 423-479-9707
•Hixson: 5113 Highway 153, 877-4732
• Calhoun: 742 Highway 53, SE, 706-624-9800
• Dalton: 1510 Walnut Ave., 706-226-2862
• Ellijay: 90 Highland Crossing South, 706-698-4467
• Fort Oglethorpe: 2047 Battlefield Parkway, 706-858-9800
• Rome: 35 Riverbend Drive SW, 706-295-2172
Longing for a short stack? National Pancake Day returns to IHOP restaurants on Tuesday, Feb. 5.
Guests will receive a free short stack of three buttermilk pancakes and, in return, they are asked to consider leaving a donation for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals or other designated charity.
According to the IHOP website, more than $10 million has been raised since National Pancake Day was begun in 2006. This year's goal is to raise $3 million for charities in the communities in which the restaurants operate.
There is a limit of one short stack per guest. The offer is valid at participating restaurants for dine-in only, while supplies last, and is not valid with any other offer, coupon or discount.
BK offers freebie on chicken sandwiches
A BOLO at BK will give fans of the chicken sandwiches a chance to get a freebie. Through Sunday, Feb. 17, participating Burger King restaurants will serve up the brand's classic Original Chicken Sandwich and its specialty varieties, including the new Philly Original Chicken Sandwich and Italian Original Chicken Sandwich, with an offer to buy one sandwich, get one of equal or lesser value free.
"Our guests loved this deal so much the last time it was available that we decided to give them the opportunity to double up on their favorites and maybe even share it with their Valentine," said Flavia Faugeres, executive vice president and global chief marketing officer of Burger King Worldwide Inc., in a news release.
Suggested retail price on the Original Chicken Sandwich is $4.49. The specialty sandwiches start at $4.29.
Love those heart-shape biscuits at Chick-fil-A
The biscuit makers at some area Chick-fil-A restaurants will get out their fancy cutters in February. For the countdown to Valentine's Day, several locations will serve heart-shaped biscuits.
Dates vary, according to schedules posted at www.chick-fil-a.com, and are subject to change. Biscuits are available only during breakfast hours.
• Feb. 1-2: 3890 Keith St., NW, Cleveland, Tenn., 6:30-10:30 a.m., 423-728-5471.
• Feb. 1-14: Oak Park Town Center, 5740 Highway 153, Hixson, 6:30-10:30 a.m., 877-5504.
• Feb. 11-14: Gunbarrel Pointe, 1804 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, 6-10:30 a.m., 485-0777.
• Feb. 14: 495 Highway 53 East, Calhoun, Ga. 6-10:30 a.m., 706-624-1890.